Saturday, July 16, 2011

Successful Cleanse! (ease out day 2)

Day 2 of the ease out didn't exactly go as planned...

Let me start by saying that I DO think the ease out process is VERY important, and should be followed rather closely.  If you do not follow this process you risk severe nausea and constipation, or worse.

So this is the ease out process;

day 1- Fresh squeezed or pure orange juice. (With PULP -- very important for the fiber).
day 2- Fresh squeezed or pure orange juice and/or fruit juice. Can also do broth if you want variety
day 3 - broth in the am, fresh fruit for lunch, fresh veggies for dinner
day 4 - regular diet, although you should definitely consider a healthy sustainable diet if you haven't already.

That said, I was weak, and may or may not have eaten regular food today.

The first day I had only orange juice. (okay okay I may have sneaked 3 raspberries, I told you, weak!). I had no.. ahem... movements in the morning, so I was worried the orange juice wasn't really working since I read that the orange juice should work its way into a movement over night. Maybe its because I had those raspberries, they could have slowed things down.

I stayed with the orange juice thing until about 3pm today,  when I had a thicker soup. Not just broth, but actual soup :/ . After that it was all down hill, I had tasted the forbidden fruit of actual food. I made myself a small salmon fillet for dinner that I only ate half of and some mashed potatoes. So far so good, no nausea.. and I did have a movement tonight.

I think I'm going to try to stick with fresh fruits and veggies tomorrow however. I wish I could have been stronger today, but I know I'm going to do this cleanse again probably in january so I've learned my lesson for then!

So official results for the cleanse are;
- I lost 10 pounds (went from 136.4 lbs to an even 126 lbs)
- My hair is softer
- My body is amazingly good at regulating my temperature (my friends would be sweating and say they were dying because it was so hott and I would be perfectly comfortable)
- My skin started clearing up the last day and has been clearing up ever since
- I have tons of energy!
- My moods have been very stable and happy
- I have so much more respect for my body and more of a concern of what I put into it.

And here are some pictures of my body to show you how I look ten pounds lighter. Its not a huge difference but I think it's the skinniest I would ever want to be and it makes me feel very confident. I'm not sure if i'll be able to keep all the weight off, but I will just feed my body what it needs and see how that goes. :D





Sorry I don't look very happy in the pictures, I promise I am. Just too early in the morning I guess (took them at about 7 am.)

Please don't hesitate to still ask questions!

Peace and Love!
-Maddy Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment